- 2 large Butternut pumpkins, peeled and top end and bulbous end trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 170g pancetta, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped sage leaves
- 2 eggs plus 2 yolks
- 1/3 cup parmesan, plus more to top
- 1/3 cup pecorino romano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Attach Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Insert food holder into center of one end of pumpkin and secure onto attachment. Insert food skewer through pumpkin, up to first mark. Attach Thin Blade to attachment. Turn Stand Mixer to Speed 2 and position blade against pumpkin to process, repeat with remaining pumpkin. Place pumpkin strips on work surface and cut into long 2.5 cm “noodles.”
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add pancetta and cook until golden. Add onion and cook until translucent about 4-5 minutes, add garlic and sage and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add pumpkin noodles and stir, sauté for 4-5 minutes and al dente. Don’t cook for too long, otherwise they’ll get mushy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl with cheeses and salt and pepper. Slowly pour egg mixture over slightly cooled noodle mixture (making sure not to scramble the eggs). Stir in additional salt and pepper to taste. Top with parmesan to serve.
- Serves 2.