- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 25g butter melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- pinch salt
- 250g cream cheese
- pinch of saffron
- 1 tbsp very warm water (not boiling)
- zest of 1 lime
- salmon caviar
- 1⁄4 bunch dill
For the blinis:
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in the KitchenAid 13 cup food processor bowl, pulse 2-3 times until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk and egg until mixed well, turn the KitchenAid 13 cup food processor to speed 1 and pour the milk mixture through the food chute, add butter and parmesan cheese mix for 10-20 seconds until well combined.
- Place bowl cover on KitchenAid 13 cup food processor and place in fridge to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tsp of blini mixture and cook in batches for 1 minute or until small bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for 30 seconds or until light golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
For the topping:
- Place saffron in water and leave to infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- Place cream cheese, saffron, lime zest in the KitchenAid 13 cup food processor bowl and process until smooth.
- Dollop mixture into blini and serve with salmon caviar and top with dill.