- 300ml milk
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 50g butter and olive oil spray
- Berry sauce:
- 2 large punnets strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 punnet blueberries or other favourite berry
- 50ml orange juice
- 50g caster sugar
- 30ml Frangelico
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or 2 fresh vanilla beans split and scraped
- Place half the milk into the blender jug. Add the eggs and salt, cover and select speed 3 (Mix). Add the remaining milk and flour. Cover and blend until smooth. Remove to a large jug with a pouring lip, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes (this allows batter to rest which produces a light lacy crepe).
- Place the berries into a medium sized heavy based pan. Add the orange juice, sugar, Frangelico and vanilla. Cook gently until the berries soften. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 130C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat a 20cm large non stick pan until hot. Add a small dob of butter and swirl to coat the base, when foamy add a ladle full (approx 50ml) of crepe batter and swirl quickly to cover the base of the pan. Cook gently for about 1 minute until firm, using a spatula gently flip over. Remove from pan and set aside. Reheat pan, add a little butter or a quick spray of oil. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have 10 crepes.
- Before serving lay the crepes on a clean bench. Spoon a little of the sauce and a couple of berries onto the crepe and fold in half, then in half again. Carefully place onto the prepared tray.
- Bake about 9 minutes or until just warm.
- To serve, drizzle with remaining sauce and berries. Top with vanilla bean ice cream, if desired.
- Keep the crepes very thin and don't over cook.
- Swirl the frying pan quickly to evenly coat with the batter.
- A ladle is best for adding the batter to the pan.