A Hinge Pin adjustment may be required on your stand mixer if the hinge pin is sticking out to one side of the mixer, the stand mixer head wobbles, or the beater may be hitting the base of the bowl.
Please note that a hinge pin adjustment is only relevant to stand mixers purchased before 2017.
- Use the tilt head lever to ensure the mixer head is locked down before inverting the mixer then loosen the small grub screw underneath the mixer base, inside the pedestal.
- Turn the mixer upright again - then carefully push or tap (cover with a towel first) the hinge pin back into position.
- Ensure the tilt head is locked before inverting the mixer again then retighten the small grub screw underneath the mixer base, inside the pedestal. This will now hold the hinge pin tightly into position.
- Recheck the beater to bowl clearance, to ensure the beater does not hit the bowl. Instructions on how to adjust the beater to bowl clearance are available here.
- Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact our customer service team.