- 450g jicama
- 2 large carrots, ends trimmed
- Large head of cos lettuce
- 57ml lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 450g large shrimp (deshelled)
- Thinly sliced jalapeno and coriander sprigs to garnish
- KitchenAid 9 cup food processor with julienne disc
- Peel the jicama and slice into pieces that will fit into the feed tube. Insert the julienne blade into the KitchenAid® 9-cup Food Processor. Close and secure the lid, and turn to high. Insert the jicama into the feed tube and use the food pusher to push it into the blade. Then, julienne the whole carrots in the same way.
- Pour the julienne mixture from the work bowl into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt, cumin and red pepper flakes. Pour half of the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat completely. Set remaining dressing aside.
- Hold a leaf of lettuce in your hand and spoon a generous amount of julienne salad mixture onto the leaf. Lay 2-3 shrimp on top of the mixture, top with thinly sliced jalapenos and cilantro sprigs. Serve with slices of lime and additional dressing.