- ½ iceberg or cos lettuce, washed, dried and cut into wedges
- 1 firm small avocado, peeled, stone removed
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 5 small radishes, tails trimmed & discarded
- 1 small red onion, cut in half
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- 125ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs cold water
- 1 tsp sugar
- freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Attach slicer/shredder attachment to the stand mixer with slicing drum and position the mixing bowl under slicing chute.
- Turn the mixer to speed 6; add lettuce, pushing down with pusher. Remove lettuce from mixing bowl and arrange over a serving platter.
- Repeat slicing with avocado, followed by cucumbers, radishes and red onion. Layer each ingredient carefully onto platter. Top with rocket and basil.
- For dressing: Attach wire whisk to stand mixer and add dressing ingredients. Turn mixer to speed 4 and mix for 10 seconds. Pour dressing over salad to serve.