- 960ml water
- 100g sugar
- 16 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom seeds (from about 1 pod)
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 8 slices fresh ginger
- 6 black tea bags
- 180ml double cream
- 300ml milk
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine water, sugar, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and sliced ginger in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add tea bags. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Strain tea through fine mesh strainer into 1 litre glass measuring jug; cool to room temperature. Pour mixture into two ice cube trays, 14 (2-tablespoon) cubes each. Freeze overnight or until solid.
- For each serving, combine seven chai cubes, 45ml cream, 75ml milk, ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, if desired, in pitcher of KitchenAid Magnetic Drive Blender. Cover and blend on Icy Drinks/Smoothies setting.
- Pour into glasses; serve immediately.