- 3 firm pears, quartered
- 2 small firm green apples
- 6 large strawberries, hulled
- 2 tbs raw sugar
- 1 tbs currants (optional)
- icing sugar to serve
- 125g (about half packet) sweet biscuits (we used Granita)
- 60g dried apricots
- 60g almonds
- 30g glace ginger (optional)
- 50g chilled butter, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Lightly grease a 2 litre oven proof dish. Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade.
- Slice the pear quarters on the thinnest setting on speed 1, repeat with the apples and slice. Slice the berries on the thickest setting on speed 1.
- Remove the fruit from the bowl. Layer about a third of the fruit into the prepared dish and scatter over some sugar. Repeat the layers. Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade. Add the biscuits, almonds, apricots, ginger, butter and cinnamon and process on speed 2 for 8 seconds or until it creates a nice chunky textured crumble (don't over process or it will be too fine).
- Scatter the crumble over the fruit and bake 50 for minutes. Don't over cook as the fruit will continue to cook on standing. Stand for 5 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream or ice cream.