- ½ small bunch parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ bunch chives
- rind from 1 lemon, cut into strips*
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small, red chilli, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Roughly tear the parsley and basil and roughly chop the chives and lemon rind.
- Place a 1/3 of the herbs and lemon rind mixture into the hand blender beaker.
- Attach the multipurpose blade to the blending arm. Turn the hand blender to the highest speed and chop/puree for 3 seconds.
- Add the remaining herbs, lemon rind and garlic and chilli if used. Continue to chop/puree on the highest speed until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle over osso bucco, spaghetti and meatballs, pan fried fish or veal steaks.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the lemon rind. This allows only the rind to be removed, not the bitter, white pith.
- Red chilli can be added for a 'little kick'.