- 1 cup cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup of vanilla frosting
- A few drops of red food colouring
- Mini marshmallows
- Slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Attach flat beater to KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Add cubed butter and both sugars to mixer bowl, turn mixer to Stir speed for 1 minute, gradually increasing to speed 4 for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Do not over mix, cookie dough should remain cold. Scrape down sides of bowl, add eggs and vanilla and mix on speed 4 until combined, about 1 minute.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Add flour mixture to stand mixer bowl and mix on Stir speed until all flour is incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix on Stir speed until chips are mixed in.
- Drop about 2 rounded tablespoons of dough per cookie on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until bottoms are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time. Remove from oven and let rest 3 to 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. Let baking sheets cool completely before baking the remaining dough.
- Add a few drops of red food colouring into vanilla frosting and stir until smooth. Spread a thin layer of red frosting onto each cookie half.
- Place mini marshmallows around the round edges of half of the halves. Place the remaining halves on top, then stick a slivered almond on each side to create fangs.
- Enjoy Dracula’s dentures!