- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 can cream of coconut
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- A pinch of salt
- Zest of one lime
- ¼ cup (35g) small/medium shred unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup (82g) fresh mango, finely mashed (or shredded)
- Place the KitchenAid® Ice Cream Bowl attachment in the freezer for at least 24- hours.
- Attach the whisk attachment to the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Add the coconut milk, cream of coconut, vanilla, lime juice, salt and lime zest into the mixing bowl, and gradually increase speed from 2 then 4 then 6 (to prevent splashing), and allow mixture to whisk on 6 for 30 seconds. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the mixture for at least an one hour.
- When ready to churn the ice cream, remove the Ice Cream Bowl from the freezer and lock it into place on the stand mixer. Insert the dasher into the bowl and pour the chilled mixture into the bowl. Lock the head in place and turn the mixer to Stir. Set a timer for twenty minutes. In the last minute of churning, add in the mango and coconut. Scoop out the ice cream from the bowl and into an airtight container for freezing. Freeze for six to eight hours before serving.