- 1/2 small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tsp (or to taste) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 x 200g sirloin/porterhouse steaks
- Mushroom caps and asparagus spears, to serve
- Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade.
- Place the herbs into the bowl and quickly pulse for 5 seconds. Add the garlic, chilli, pepper and about half of the oil.
- Using speed 1, process for 3-4 seconds or until well combined.
- Smear the herb sauce over both sides of the steak. Heat a flat bbq plate or heavy based pan to hot. Place the steaks onto the hot surface. Do not touch or move for 4 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook a further 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set the steaks aside to rest.
- Just before serving add the mushrooms and asparagus to the hot pan, turn frequently and cook until just softened.
- All ingredients are available at the supermarket
- Remove steak from the refrigerator 5 -10 minutes before using, allowing it to warm up a little.
- Cooking chilled meat can cause it to toughen.
- The herb crust can be made and refrigerated up to 1 hour before using.