Prep time: 25 minutes + churning & freezing
Cook time: 6 minutes
- 400ml coconut cream
- 400ml coconut milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (160g) Raspberry jam
- Refrigerate the coconut cream for 2 hours.
- Heat the coconut milk in a heavy based, non-stick saucepan, stirring often until very hot and without boiling. Transfer to a jug.
- Fit the mixing bowl and wire whisk to the stand mixer, and add the egg yolks and sugar into mixer bowl. Mix on speed 2 for 1 minute or until thick and sugar has completely dissolved.
- Reduce speed to 1 and gradually add hot coconut milk. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture back into a clean saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes, stirring continuously until the custard thickens and lightly coats back of wooden spoon or silicone spatula. Do not boil or it may curdle. Refrigerate until cold.
- Pour the cold coconut cream into the mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, mix on speed 10 until soft peaks form. Fold in the chilled custard mixture.
- Assemble drive assembly, freezer bowl and dasher (as per instruction book). Transfer chilled mixture to a jug with a pouring lip.
- Turn mixture to speed 1, slowly add cooled custard to freezer bowl. Churn for approximately 20 minutes or until a very firm soft serve ice cream results. Transfer mixture to an 8 cup capacity freezer safe container.
- Spoon half ice cream into the container, dollop over ¼ cup of the jam, swirl to combine. Repeat with remaining ice cream and jam. Cover and freeze 2-3 hours or overnight.