Makes: 2 pizzas
Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus 40 minutes dough resting time
Special Equipment: KitchenAid 13 cup food processor with dough attachment and slicing blade; 1-2 pizza trays or stones; plastic wrap.
- 330ml lukewarm water
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 4g dried yeast
- 500g pizza flour (strong white bread flour), sifted
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup tomato pissata sauce
- 120g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 10 slices of good quality salami (prosciutto or ham can also be used)
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 red onion, chopped to size that will fit through feed tube
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped to size that will fit through feed tube
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pre heat the oven to 220C fan forced.
Make the dough:
- Combine in a jug the luke warm water and caster sugar, stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the dried yeast and stir through, allow to sit for 5 minutes while it starts to bubble and froth.
- Fit your KitchenAid® 13-cup food processor with the dough blade, add the flour, salt and yeast liquid. Secure the lid and turn the processor on low. Allow to kneed un disturbed for 6 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Lightly coat a large bowl with olive oil, transfer the dough into the bowl. Cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half on a lightly flour a clean surface , lightly dust and cover to allow to rest for 10 minute approximately.
- Roll out one half of the dough into a round circle with a thickness of 1cm and place on a pizza tray or pizza stone. The other half of dough can be stored in the fridge covered until you need it.
- Fit your KitchenAid® 13-cup food processor with the slicing blade. Secure the lid, and turn the slicing knob to 1 or 2 (depending on thickness preference). Turn the machine on low speed, then feed the red onion and capsicum through the feed tube, using the food pusher to push the pieces through the slicer. Remove the sliced onion and capsicum from the work bowl into a small bowl.
- Spoon on half of the tomato pissata onto the rolled out pizza base and spread it out.
- Add the salami, thinly sliced mozzarella followed by the sliced red onion, capsicum and the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle over half of the grated cheddar cheese and 1 tsp of the dried oregano.
- Place in the pre heat oven to cook until crisp and the golden (est 12-14 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh basil leaves. Slice and serve hot.
- Repeat the process for the 2nd pizza.