- 120g piece Cheddar cheese
- 120g piece Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 sheets, frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg white whisked with 1 tbs butter
- Preheat the oven to 220C (180C fan forced). Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper.
- Fit the fine grating drum to the slicer shredder attachment. Attach to the stand mixer and turn to speed 6. Add both of the cheeses to the hopper, gently pushing down with the pusher, grating the cheese into the mixing bowl.
- Combine the grated cheeses, chilli and oregano. Spread over a large dinner plate.
- Allow the pastry to soften a little. Slice each sheet into 12 x 1.5cm strips (you’ll get approximately 16 strips from each sheet). Separate one strip and coat with the whisked egg mixture, then lay the strip onto the cheese. Using your fingertips press the cheese onto both sides of the strip.
- Twist to a spiral and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry, egg mix and cheese mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Stand 3 minutes before serving warm.
* If using pastry purchased in a roll (not sheets), trim into 2 x to 24 cm lengths.
* Pastry sheets are best used while still a little frozen / very chilled. If the pastry is too soft it becomes difficult to use.