- 5 large free range eggs
- 150ml cream or milk
- good pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 30g butter or olive oil
- parsley to serve
- 50g smoked salmon, thinly sliced, or
- ½ cup fresh chopped oregano, basil and or chives, or
- 60g grated cheddar cheese
- Attach the wire whisk to the stand mixer. Add the eggs, cream and salt and pepper to the mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick heavy based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the butter and allow to melt, swirling to coat the pan.
- Turn the mixer to speed 4 and whisk 2 minutes or until well mixed and foamy.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hot foamy butter and allow to cook for about 25 seconds or until the base is set. Using a wooden spoon or spatula gently stir and fold the eggs just a little - moving the mixture from the outside of the pan into the centre – gently fold don't over mix or scramble. Allow mixture to set again then repeat this light stir/folding step. Leave for about 20 seconds or until the eggs are just set (do not overcook).
- Remove from the pan and serve with good sourdough or rye toast.
- Be sure to whip of the eggs until very foamy and be ready with the hot foamy butter
- Don't overcook as the egg keeps cooking and the beautiful light texture becomes tough
- Left over scrambled egg is great tossed into a salad, rice salad or tossed with a little mayonnaise and popped into a sandwich.