- The sauce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, coriander, roughly torn
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small fresh chilli, roughly chopped (optional)
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch sugar
- To serve
- freshly cooked pasta of choice
- freshly grated parmesan
- Place half of the tomato quarters into the hand blender beaker. Attach the multipurpose blade to the blending arm. Puree /chop on the highest speed for 3 seconds. Add the remaining tomato followed by the spring onions, chilli and herbs.
- Continue to puree /chop, moving the blender up and down in the jug, for about 5 seconds or until you have the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar. Allow sauce to stand 3-5 minutes to allow it to thicken.
- Toss fresh sauce through the piping hot pasta and top with parmesan. Serve immediately.
- Keep the hand blender low in the beaker to minimise splashing.
- Toss the sauce through cold cooked potatoes or serve over steamed vegetables or grilled chicken or fish.