- 15g dried porcini mushrooms
- 240ml boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 320g chopped onions
- 225g sliced cremini mushrooms, plus additional for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon
- dried thyme
- 30g plain flour
- 960ml vegetable stock
- 90ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons
- full fat milk
- 80ml Marsala wine (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place dried mushrooms in small bowl; pour boiling water over mushrooms. Let stand 15 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add 225g cremini mushrooms, garlic and thyme; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour until blended; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in stock and porcini mushrooms with soaking water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to pitcher of KitchenAid Pro Line blender. Cover and blend on Soups/Sauces setting. Return to saucepan; stir in cream, milk and wine, if desired. Cook over mediumlow heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional cremini mushrooms.