- Aug 28th 2015
- 0 comment
Not a morning person?
It’s no secret that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A morning meal rich in protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals super charges your metabolism and sets you up for the challenges ahead.
But if you’re the sort of person who takes a while to get going when you get up, don’t worry. You’re not alone. To help make mornings a little easier KitchenAid has put together the below tips to streamline your breakfast smoothie-making ritual to get you fed and out of the door even quicker. (Or let you hit the snooze button one more time before rolling out of bed and facing the day!)
- Buy fruit, such a mangos, strawberries, bananas and pears in bulk when they are in-season and plentiful. Peel, chop, portion into ‘smoothie-for-one’ size zip-lock bags and freeze. When you wake up simply choose your desired combination, pop in your blender, add a splash of water and spoonful of Greek yoghurt and blitz. Add some fresh spinach or lettuce to turn it into a green smoothie.
- Prepare your smoothies for the week on Sunday night. Buy and prep all your ingredients - we like the combination of apple, pineapple, mint, parsley, spinach, almond and ginger. Portion into five large zip-lock bags. Then all you need to do in the morning is place the bag of ingredients into your blender, add a splash of coconut water and blitz.
- Supercharge your smoothies. Adding a handful of nuts, seeds, coconut meat, flax seeds or goji berries to your smoothie will give it a real nutritional boost.
- Combine your morning coffee with your morning smoothie. This really is multi-tasking at its best. Blitz together frozen banana, almond milk, strong brewed coffee and medjool dates for a delicious energy-boosting (vegan) breakfast.
- It’s all about flavour – if it doesn’t taste good, you’re not going to enjoy it. Adding a pinch of sea salt or pink salt to your smoothie will increase the minerals and improve the taste. There are loads of ‘good salts’ to choose from. Avoid nutritionally devoid white table salt.
- Finally, invest in a powerful blender that’s able to blitz through your ingredients with ease. The new KitchenAid Magnetic Drive Blender features a dial with four pre-programmed settings allowing you to press a button, walk away and get ready and come back to a delicious breakfast.