- 6 medium ripe tomatoes (or tamarillos), stem removed and cut in half
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and very roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery, very roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed
- 100ml cold water
- 3 cups (75g) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60ml vodka (optional)
- Whole celery stalk and thin radish slices to garnish
- Place the tomato, cucumber, celery, coriander, chilli, cold water, spinach and salt into the blender jug. Blend at speed 5 (liquify) for 20 seconds.
- Place a fine sieve over a mixing bowl. Pour the vegetable juice into the strainer. Using the back of a spoon, firmly press the pulp into the sides of the mesh to extract as much of the liquid possible. Reserve the juice underneath.
- Return the pulp from the sieve to the blender jar and blend at speed 5 (liquify) for 8 seconds. Pour the mixture again into the sieve and press out the juice. Discard any of the remaining pulp in the sieve.
- Chill the juice for 1-2 hours. Pour into 2 cocktail glasses adding 30 ml of Vodka to each glass. Garnish with the celery stalk and radish slices.
- Tamarillos are the fruit used traditionally in this recipe. They are in season in the winter months, use in place of tomatoes when available.