- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C, fan forced. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Add the sifted self raising flour, follow by adding the lemonade and thickened cream to the 9 cup food processor. Stir until scone dough is just combined, and be mindful not to over mix.
- Turn out the scone dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times, ensuring that you don’t over knead dough. Bring scone dough into a round shape, pat the top down so it is flat and 2.5cm high.
- Using a small glass, cut out circles from scone dough with out twisting for a clean edge. Reform the dough and repeat the process.
- Gently place the scones onto the baking tray, arranging them close together to help them rise. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool..
- Clean out your food processor whilst scones are cooling and attach the whipping attachment to the food processor, pour in the thickened cream and whip until it is half whipped. Sprinkle over the icing sugar and whip future until soft peaks form.
- Serve the warm scones with fresh whipped cream and strawberry jam.
Gluten free? Check out our gluten free scone recipe right here.